As online marketers, we would always want a continuous flow of traffic and better ranks for our site. What better way to gain some good traffic but in microblogs! Before that, your Keyword SEO also have a part in this. Make sure that your Keyword Search Tool opens the door for you to get backlinks. As with a reliable search tool; it should have data of at least searches on 17 potential backlink sources – forums, blogs, web 2.0 sites, document sites, search engines, etc – for highly relevant sources of backlinks.
Let’s proceed to what makes microblogging so attractive, not only to marketers, but also to customers. The fact that the fewer words make them easier to read, understand, and digest. Another is that readers get to be curious about the microblogs, since its brevity only allows for teasers and promotions. If you do things right, microblogs are a huge traffic generator.
Now, there are many microblogs to choose from, but let’s take a quick scroll through the more popular ones:
1. Twitter. Tweeting is now the trend. And no, it doesn’t mean making bird-like sounds. Twitter is a microblog which allows people to post status messages, called Tweets. Twitter’s interface was designed to be easy to use.
2. Plurk. Plurk is a relatively new player in the microblogging arena. It attracts many people, especially those that would like a visual representation of their microblog posts, which Plurk provides.
3. Jaiku. Obtained by internet storm, Google, Jaiku was first obtained in 2007, and has since been closed to users first to start with the beta testing.
4. Pownce. Another one that’s very similar to Twitter in the way it presents its microblogs, is Pownce. It does however stand out a bit more because it doesn’t have a 140-characte limit, as opposed to Twitter.
5. Spoink. Crazy name, lovely microblogging platform. Spoink allows microblogging from mobile phones. While this may not be considered an innovation since many microblogging sites are already ahead of that, but Spoink is one up above the rest because it allows podcasts to be featured from everthwere.
Now, affiliate marketers shoud seriously consider going into microblogging. However, before you do, you need to ask yourself whether it is important in the business and whether your target audience by the use of microblogging also. For affiliate marketers and the like, microblogging is one of the things you would want to get into. With the certain age groups that it targets, the customers might probably be into microblogging sites. So just from there, you can already see what a big prospect market, microblogging sites can be. Apart from that, it also helps set up credibility and helps build awareness of you and your services.
Also, if you are too busy to scout for updates about the other sites that are relevant to yours, you can also get gernerous updates from microblogging sites too. Given that you do take some time to do your own research. Apart from that, microblogging sites also help you in gaining more followers or contacts for your business.
Now that you know how important microblogging can be for your services, have you asked yourself where you can get more information?